Postings to the "Files" section

Message 00007 of 3835

Dear Friends,

First of all, I'd like to thank all of you for joining the BardonPraxis
group! It's nice to see such a quick response. :) To my mind, this is
evidence that others share my dissatisfaction with the unmoderated
groups which are often flooded with posts that have no bearing upon the
Bardon work. This group however, will have a more focused flavor. As
your [totally ruthless! ;-)] moderator, I will be working with two
absolute rules:

#1) All posts *must* be clearly relevant to the Bardon work.
#2) Absolutely *no* rude or disrespectful posts will be allowed.

This doesn't mean that I will limit Bardon-related discussion, nor that
I will be micro-managing interpersonal relations amongst the membership.
;-) I simply wish to create a focused discussion group, within
parameters that will guarantee focus instead of distraction.

Secondly (this is actually the main point of this post), I want to let
you know that I've posted two .PDF files to the "Files" section of the
BardonPraxis website:

The first is a .PDF version of my "Commentary Upon Initiation Into
Hermetics" (in English). I've posted it here for your personal
convenience and as soon as the French, Spanish and German translation
are complete (which should be fairly soon), I will post .PDF versions of
them as well.

My second posting is a .PDF version of an excellent little book by Yogi
Ramacharaka titled, "Science of Breath". I recently recommended this to
one of my "Hermetic Visitors" in reference to some breathing issues he
was having in regard to his meditation posture. Essentially, he would
forget to breathe and, once he realized this, he would inhale copious
amounts of air to compensate. This often resulted in a feeling of
pressure at his solar plexus and even tingling in his extremities, both
of which are signs of imbalanced oxygenation of the blood stemming from
improper breathing. The best cure that I know for this is to train the
body to the "yogic complete breath" as described by Yogi Ramacharaka in
his book, "Science of Breath". Eventually my friend found a .PDF
version (apparently legal and not in violation of copyright) available
on the Internet and sent me the link. I downloaded the file and offer
it here.

This book and the breathing techniques it describes are very useful in
the Bardon work and especially appropriate for Step Two and the
"Physical" exercises of bodily discipline. Proper breathing during
periods of deep concentration and meditation is important.

My best to you all,