half-focused ramblings

Message 00188 of 3835

Following Rawn's advice, I took the time over the weekend to read through the
rest of IIH, which was something I wasn't sure whether I should do or not
before. I was rather hesitant to read ahead and 'distract' myself from the Step
One exercises. However, as Rawn pointed out, I had so many questions that I was
already distracting (and confusing) myself by searching for answers in other
places, such as on the internet.

When I read through the rest of the steps, I refrained from reading all of the
details of the actual exercises, which I deemed to be irrelevant for me at the
present time, instead I concentrated on the explanations, reasons and theory,
i.e. the introductions to the steps, the justifications Bardon gives for
certain exercises, HOW this is achieve, WHY a magician should be able to do
that....

All I can say really is 'wow'. I had a rough idea of what I was ultimately
'working towards' with IIH, but the details, the manner in which things are
achieved, it's all even more fantastical than I thought. That's not to say that
I don't believe that these things are possible, it all seems so logical the way
Bardon explains it; obviously it takes a huge amount of commitment, will and
tenacity, but the laws exist and so it is possible.

One thing that did concern me, in my naive state, was the amount of times that
Bardon says such and such if not done correctly will result in the magician's
death, or don't do this you'll go blind, or you'll be trapped in the Earth
realm, or you'll become an empty shell etc etc... I have to admit that the
first thought which crossed my mind was 'jeez, no wonder there don't seem to be
too many high initiates about!! People are either too scared to do the higher
exercises or they died!'

OK, I am being a little flippant there... but it remains a real concern. I do
realize however, that it is a progression and if the exercises are done
correctly then there is no need to be afraid and that this could also be
applied to many things in life... if you drive a car on a motorway at high
speeds without having passed your test for example.

Some of the comments in the book, such as the explanations of how magicians of
the same level of development can communicate with each other in a variety of
ways across distances made me really wonder how many true magicians there
actually are in the world.

Rawn, I won't bother asking you this question directly, because if you do know,
I have a feeling you wouldn't tell me :-P

It would be nice to have a rough idea though! I mean, when Bardon says to
practice this or that with another magician of the same level, I got the
feeling it would be difficult to find another magician let alone another one
that happened to be of the same level. I know these aren't things which
directly concern me at this stage, but my curiosity has been peaked now, LOL.

Hey, totally off-topic, I realized the other day the apparent etymological link
between iMAGInation and MAGIcian...hmmm.

OK, enough of my ramblings.

Take care,

Martin