Re: the value (ha!) of elemental assignments

Message 00249 of 3835

Dear St. Two,

>> I have done a certain amount of work on my mirrors, created a certain
order/pattern among the different traits, and can see different dynamics
at work. My model is quite idiotic, sorry, idiosyncratic. But I have
not come around to the elemental classification, partly because I don't
see it's value. What would you folks say is the value of the elemental
assignments? In what ways can it make me a better jester? <<

In terms of just the work of character transformation, the Elemental
assignments are irrelevant. However, they are an integral part of an
initiation into Hermetics.

Relating the character traits to the Elements is the first step in the
pivotal process of understanding the Elements. This is the step in
which you begin to internalize them and give them personal relevance.
This is what opens the student to the possibility of one day
manipulating them at an external level.

Every single exercise in IIH is there for a very good reason relevant to
an initiation into Hermetics.