Re: Astral Projection and Mental Wandering

Message 00533 of 3835

Dear Peter,

>> While I would like to say I have a fairly good understanding of the
methodology as to how one goes about doing both astral projection and
mental wandering, I am lacking in knowledge as to the reason why one
would actually want to do as such? What purpose does the practice of
mental wandering and astral projection fulfill in the greater context
of the Hermetic path as a whole? <<

The primary reason is the expansion of the magician's sense of Self. By
exploring the various realms or planes of being in the systematic,
progressive sequence that Bardon described, the magician is transformed.
This is part of the maturation process that leads one to successively
higher states of being and ultimately, across the Abyss into the
non-sequential realm. In other words, these techniques forward the
Hermeticist's spiritual growth and expansion.