Re: A non judaic hermeticism ?

Message 01326 of 3835

Dear NKKA,

>> Right until the end of step 10, the religious beliefs of the
practitioner have little to do with the practices or the results therof.
<<

So long as we distinguish between *theism* and *religion*, I'd agree.
Religion implies a dogmatic system of beliefs and this is not a
*necessary* part of one's mago-spiritual advancement. However, some
form of personal theism is essential for any true advancement. Without
this particular opening of the student's heart and mind to a love of the
divine, many doors remain closed.

>> With PME, the scene shifts a bit . The magician within the circle ,
dressed in a robe and holding a wand/sword is a part of the western
"paradigm" of magic (please feel free to land heavily on me if iam wrong
:-) ). I cannot imagine a Buddhist or a Hindu or an australian aborigine
doing this. In fact the hindu rituals i have seen have the magician
*sitting* outside a "mandala" type diagram (a yantra )which is not
always circular . <<

Nonetheless, what transpires *internally* is much the same.

>> With KTQ the hebrew /judaic influence seems pretty heavy though the
alphabet itself seems to be german. <<

This is true only in relation to the structure Bardon relied upon to
convey the underlying principles. The principles themselves are
universal and can be applied to any formal structure. For example, the
Hopi people of the American southwest have a system of magical utterance
very similar to Kabbalah, but based upon a much different religious
structure.

>> Now for the questions :
Is it impossible to follow the "higher" (note the quotes) levels of
hermeticism if you are not working within the western/judaic paradigm.
<<

No. Bardon states very explicitly that the student can apply the
principles of IIH to *any* religious paradigm. All it takes is a little
inventiveness.

>> I am surprised that the universality of iih seems to be diluted as we
step into the realms of pme and ktq. <<

Even though Bardon's main focus was the presenting of universal root
principles, his own preferences and those of the culture in which he
existed, could not help but come through to some extent.

>> is it possible to reach level 10 of iih and then assimilate the
teachings and knowledge of the pme and ktq by following anon judaic
path. ok that was question 1. <<

Yes, definitely!!!

>> now for an even weirder question .(this is specifically for rawn . At
first i thought i'd write off line but if it helps any others out there
.... so ... here goes .... )
The "Magic of ADNI YHVH" really "calls to " me. I would love to practice
this except for the fact that i feel silly speaking Hebrew and invoking
(sorry if that is the wrong word) the Tree of Life into my astral body
(yeow i hope iam getting this right ) when the rest of my prayers and
rituals are in sanskrit and directed to amore "oriental" mode of
worship. As far as possible, i would likemy (non magical) prayers and
worship and my IIH practices to be "congruent" .
(Watch out this get weirder :) ) . are the specific hebrew word
required to get the effects of the IHVH ADNI practice ? <<

Yes, the Hebrew canticle is integral to the practice of The Magic of
IHVH-ADNI.

>> How would one go about doing the same thing within a different
religious system? i suspect there is an underlying unity there that
transcends the religious prism through which one looks at it. <<

Yes, but it would then no longer be The Magic of IHVH-ADNI. :) In
other words, the same effects can definitely be achieved within a
different paradigm, but it would, of course, be a different paradigm
than that of IHVH-ADNI.

What I would suggest is that you learn TMO as it is, silly Hebrew words
and all, and then once you understand the underlying principle of
uniting the levels of Self into a single conscious awareness, turn
around and apply that same principle to the paradigm of your choosing.
But I think in order to be able to do that effectively, you'd have to
experience these principles and their consequences in action first.