Re: Re: TMO and MPE

Message 01434 of 3835

Dear 'mj',

>> So is Greer being reckless by suggesting Tifereth be located in the
area of the heart, and by encouraging beginners to cultivate this area?
<<

I don't have "Circles of Power" so I don't know what his actual
instructions are.

>> One of my reasons for thinking Tifereth might be in the area of
the heart was in mapping directly the tree of life onto the chakra
system, so that the Muladhara chakra relates to Malkhut, Swadisthana
to Yesod, and so on. Clearly, this is not entirely accurate and needs
to be rethought. <<

As Chuck pointed out, there's no profit to be had from trying to make
this direct correlation. Lots of folks have tried but in my opinion,
this is pointless and leads to a mis-understanding of the Tree of Life.

>> I did note that Bardon places the "depth point" of the person in the
solar plexus. <<

This is one of those points in IIH where if you have not done everything
that Bardon has instructed up to that point in the Work, you will assume
incorrectly. Some call this a "blind".

At the beginning of Step Five, Bardon wrote an interesting little essay
about Archimedes and the depth point. Near the end of which he stated:
"The scholar is advised to meditate very intensively about this problem,
and he will be able to open up profundities he never dreamed of and a
high intuition will be his reward." *Assuming* that the scholar
actually had pursued this intensive meditation about the depth point, he
then proceeded to introduce "Space Magic" and the transference of the
scholar's consciousness into the depth point of external objects. If
the scholar did not already figure out that the depth point is *not* a
point in physical space, then these exercises with external objects will
either teach them this or become incredibly frustrating.

Let's look at the meditation that Bardon described. It's based upon
transferring your consciousness to the exact center point of a form.
When you do that you'll find that the center of any form is *infinitely
small*. In other words, is has no spatial value, no size whatsoever.
Furthermore, within that center point, one finds the *infinitely
infinite*.

Simply transferring your consciousness into the physical center of an
object has very little value as an exercise and has no relevance to the
depth point. Furthermore, the solar plexus is not the exact physical
center of most human bodies. Nor is it in any way the "beginning of the
form", as Bardon described the depth point.

Ultimately, the scholar pursuing these exercises will figure these
things out and realize that Bardon's words here cannot be taken
literally.