Re: Nature of the Mental & Astral Bodies of Animals, Plants & Objects

Message 01578 of 3835

Dear Olivier,

>> Do plants, objects and animals have astral feelings in the same way
as
humans do? <<

While *every* physical thing has an astral body, the structure of the
astral body itself and its relationship to the mental and physical
bodies, is different in each of the three categories you list. The
astral body of the average human for example, is very complex and
capable of a broad range of experience and expression. The astral
bodies of most other animals are not quite as complex and not capable of
the same degree of expression and experience as the human. An animal
does experience emotion as they interact with their environment but it
is significantly different than human emotion. The astral bodies of
plants, while quite complex, do not experience "emotion", per se. They
do interact with their environment and experience an astral reaction,
but these reactions are very simple (unlike "emotions") and are
necessitated by nature as opposed to choice. Objects, in general
(unless they are infused with an astral charge through magic, worship,
etc.), possess very rudimentary astral bodies and while they are capable
of storing emotional/astral energies, they are incapable of experiencing
emotions or of emotional expression.

>> Do plants, objects and animals have thoughts in the same way as
humans do? <<

For physical things, *thinking* requires a physical brain so only
animals and insects are capable of *thinking*. However, *every* thing
exists within an ocean of ideas, so to speak. The temporal mental body
of *every* thing attracts ideas, ingests and expresses ideas, but not
all temporal mental bodies are capable of *interpreting*, *comparing*
and *choosing* from the ideas that surround them. An object for
example, expresses at least one idea by its very nature but is incapable
of doing anything other than purely expressing the idea(s). It does not
filter those ideas or think about how it might want to express those
ideas. A plant, since it has a more complex temporal mental body,
experiences and expresses ideas but again, it is not capable thinking
(i.e., interpreting, comparing and choosing). Animals, which have
rather complex mental bodies AND brains, are indeed capable of thinking.
Some species (such as humans, Elephants, Whales and Dolphins, to name a
few) have very, very complex mental bodies with brains to match and are
capable of profound thinking. In general, insects are capable of
thinking but it is probably the most rudimentary type of thinking,
except when it comes to hive- or group-minded insects. Some of the most
complex insect group-minds are capable of profound thinking.

>> Do they have an immortal spirit in the same way humans do? <<

Yes. *Every* thing has an eternal mental body. Or rather, every
*thing* is an expression of an eternal mental body / immortal spirit.

I think that you will find great pleasure in the "transference of
consciousness" exercises. Using those techniques, you will be able to
experience what an object experiences, feel what a plant feels, think an
animal's thoughts, etc., for yourself. :)