Re: Exercises in Mental Discipline of the Emotions

Message 01981 of 3835

Rawn Clark <rawnclark@...> wrote
While the *experiencing* of our emotions must not be repressed, they
must still be examined and understood, and their *expression* must be
within our conscious control. Just as the initiate's thinking must be
reshaped into a useful tool, so too must their emotions be transformed
from knee-jerk reactions, into conscious choices of expression.

Adandon yourself in the emotion.
Detach and observe.
Refuse to participate, resist involvement.
Alternate between participation and non participation.

I have trouble distinguishing between detachement and repression.
Especially when it comes to emotional tones.
What is the difference between resist involvement, refuse to participate and
repression?
On this line of work,
What is one supposed to do with emotionals difficulties rising througth
self-crafing work? (seems to be reactions, a sense of "I"ness an old-self who
resist change)

Thank you.
Eric