Re: Initiation Into Hermetics Primer

Message 02039 of 3835

Dear John,

>> Rawn....in your commentary, you say that a person with a strong Od is
outwardly gregarious and active, while a weak Od is personified by
passivity and shyness.....this strikes me as rather simplistic. Would
you please clarify? <<

Well, I wrote a bit more than just that summation. :) Here's the rest
of the text:
===============
The "Od":

Bardon mentions "Od" in passing but doesn't really explain what he means
by this term. I've heard several definitions of Od but from what I've
gleaned of Bardon's definition, he is referring to the character of the
individual or, in other words, the individual's expression of their
particular Elemental composition.

The Od is primarily Electric in nature. Simply put, it is the energy
that we each express through our accumulated thoughts and emotions. At
the mental level, it is our attitude and the quality/quantity of our
ideas, seen by how they influence others -- in other words, their
emanation. In astral terms, the Od is our astral character or emotional
composition, again in its emanative phase of influencing our
surroundings. As to our physical body, the Od is the vitality we bring
to life and express through our actions. Thus, one with a strong Od is
generally outwardly gregarious and active, and one with a weak Od is
passive and shy.

These three aspects of the Od work in unison to produce the overall Od.

One place where Bardon speaks of the Od is in the little book "Questions
and Answers", under the Astral heading (page 50, question #21). This
question concerns astral healing methods and gives an important clue as
to what Bardon means by Od:

"We draw this accumulated vital energy directly from the universe and
direct it into the astral body of the ailing person without passing it
through our own body. Through this we prevent the weakening of our own
vitality and at the same time prevent the mixing of our Od (character)
with the Od of the ailing person; otherwise we can infect ourselves with
the negative attributes of the patient."

While Bardon speaks here only of the Od in relation to astral healing,
the same can be said of the mental Od in mental healing and the physical
Od during physical healing.