EOM & Awareness

Message 02354 of 3835

Dear Friends,

I recently noticed a change in my practice/understanding of EOM. I would like
to confirm that I am not venturing in the wrong direction.

Up until now I assumed that emptiness of thoughts implied a completely fixed
mind, as if "crystallized", "frozen" by force of will on an invisible point. I
think I assumed that the absence of thoughts also implied the absence of
awareness, or at least its immobility.

However, during my daily practice of EOM, I noticed that I could somehow expand
and move my awareness, still maintaining an emptiness of thought. I can focus
my awareness on my body, or move it across the room, or seemingly expand it
beyond the physical limits of my room.

Is this normal?!

Under these conditions, if I focus my awareness on, say, a physical object in
my room while maintaining EOM, would this bring the perception of the essential
meaning of the object I am focusing on?

Is it correct to assume that the absence of thoughts does not signify the
"immobility" of awareness? Is it correct to say that one can maintaing EOM and
still move one's awareness (ie. mental body??) wherever one wants to??

Thanks in advance.

Fraternally,
Olivier