Mental Travelling vs Lucid Dreaming

Message 02473 of 3835

Dear All

I would appreciate hearing peoples' views on whether mental (and/or astral) travelling, as described by Bardon and other authors, and lucid dreaming are one and the same, or at least, variations on a single basic mechanism - this is a question which never seems (at least to me) to get answered satisfactorily; rather, it seems either to get misinterpreted, or (deliberately or otherwise) glossed over, at least, publicly.

I am myself inclined to see the two techniques as different, the first pertaining to a separation of the different layers of our everyday Malkuth self, and the second to the manipulation of our awareness of our dreaming (or Yesod) self, which I believe is called the 'double' or the 'other self' in some traditions. Would, then, the practice of the first technique help or hinder the practice of the second technique, and vice versa, assuming that they are based on two different methodologies?

Any clarity on this question would be most welcome.

David

Main Index | Thread Index