about thought control

Message 02999 of 3835

Dear Rawn!

I read the comments about thought control (IIH ME nr 1.).
Now I am more confused than ever. :-)
I have been meditation ect off and on for about 10 years so when I
close my eyes to do something most thoughts go away very quickly.
But the Bardon way..remembering the thoughts, not just let them go
and dissapear, that is a lot more difficult for me.

Now I got the Ruggeberg edition and Bardon says that one should
remember what has passed in the mind during the sitting. "...make an
attempt to remember these thoughts..." and later: "...The attentive
student...so that it will be difficult for him to remember all of
them."
I wouldn´t call it active memorizing more "recalling" or something
as I understand it.

I get it that the excercise ought to be a prep for the coming ones
and therefor the main points of the excercise ought to be as you
state in the comments. As I read Mistele´s comment on the excercise
it seems to go along with the remembering part as well.

If it is a prep for the coming empty mind, why try to recall or
remember the thoughts? To me it seems easier to just drop the
attention of them?
Om the other hand remember/recalling them is challenging and just a
little practice gives a lot of useful "rewards".

Help me sort this out once and for all.

Respectfully
//Johannes

Main Index | Thread Index