Re: Alcoholism

Message 03069 of 3835

 Richard, This is useful information and I am sending it on to my friend.
Thank you for the good info.
Robert

Hi Robert

>> Is their any of the Bardon material that is directed
towards healing addictions that you can refer me to ? <<

I have no experience with alcoholism either directly or indirectly, so
any pointers I suggest are second-hand info, but as I've been studying
compulsive/addictive habit patterns in myself as part of Bardon and how
to get to the
root cause and overcome them, the following are been leant in my studies
indirectly:

1. Alcoholism is a chemical dependency not just psychological so more
than a single line of attack is perhaps needed. A few rare individuals
seem
to be genetically predisposed to alcoholism, biochemistry playing a
larger role
with these people than most.

2. The psychological cause is (as a fundamental trait of Bardon) the
real
problem for many. To add to Alex's suggestions it is perhaps necessary
to not just
affirm being sober, but tackle the emotional component that lead to
excessive
drinking in the first place. What emotional pain, etc is being denied.
Also a good idea to affirm the positive not deny the negative. The
subconscious
has a real problem with affirmations phrased as negatives, ie I don't,
I'm not,etc.

3. Blood sugar swings can lead to a desire to drink. Levelling out the
blood sugar
fluctuations can help lessen the desire/need to drink.
The Amino acid free-form supplement L-glutamine, has in some cases been
found
useful for this. Also, the subject may which to investigate Chromium
Picolinate (not
sure about the spelling) - also a supplement to treat blood sugar
swings.

4. CES (cranial electro stimulation) via instruments like Alpha-stim,
have been found
to exercise a profound influence on addictive patterns. Clinical trials
show that
after only 20 sessions some types of addictive habits were removed.

5. Habits generally - although the habit of alcoholism is
self-destructive, it is still
serving a psychological need, otherwise it's hold wouldn't be so strong.
Unless
gifted with amazing will-power, seek to replace a bad habit with a good
habit in its
place rather than just trying to remove the bad habit (otherwise you end
up with
an emotional vacuum of sorts, the need is still there, the addiction
will remain, and
it will seek an alternative expression, perhaps even more
self-destructive,
if the first choice is denied rather than consciously replaced with
something better)

Don't know how useful this will be, but I hope it helps.

regards

Richard

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor