Re: Re: Know Thyself

Message 03082 of 3835

Hello,
differents "methods" of self-knowlegde can indeed help you toward a deeper
understanding of yourself.

Namely astrology, the enneagram , the Myers-Briggs personality test ,etc...can
all be nice pointers,and source of meditations,but with the huge disavantages
of telling you who you are (the danger beeing believing it blindly, adopting a
baised point of vue, or create confusion mixing all systems)

Bardon tells us to use the mirror work as pointer, and gives little information
indeed.
Guenuine self-knowledge can only come from our own observation and
introspection.

<<I can list parts forever
> and ever but it's not helping me at all to get any sense of the
> whole.>>

How about imagining a fictionnal character with all your traits and write a
little story about him? could it help taking a step baCK from the forest?
Or using painting, music, and describe yourself throught those medium, the
result could give you a larger perspective .
Personaly, music seems the more efficient, ever changing.

I found Rawns "center of stillness" meditations quite helpul to gaIN a sense of
perspective.

http://www.abardoncompanion.com/CenterOfStillness.html

Good luck.

Eric

> I'm having trouble with the whole "know thyself" part of step one.
> The soul mirror work is great and all, but even with that I feel
> like I am missing the forest for the trees. I can list parts forever
> and ever but it's not helping me at all to get any sense of the
> whole. Anybody got any advice as to what I can do? Have I missed
> something? Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Dylan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor