IIH Step 1 Spiritual

Message 03294 of 3835

I was wondering if I might get some feedback on the following
questions and variations about IIH Step 1.

1. are 10 minutes of breathing what is recommended in the morning
and evening for the rest of your life?

2. when concentrating on one thought for ten minutes, what are some
examples? I've just been thinking visually of an apple, sometimes
bringing other senses into it and sometimes repeating the word apple
over and over again. also, I often do something with the apple.
like cut it up and eat it and create a new apple. use many
different types of apples, make the apple spin around, etc. does
this follow how Franz Bardon intended for the exercise to be
practiced?

3. when doing part b. is it better to just hold the thought for as
long as you can and quit once you've been disrupted (perhaps clock
the amount of time before the distraction). or, to just go 10
minutes and just try to block disruptions the best you can. (perhaps
use the beads to count how many distractions you have)

4. do part a. until you can do it competently for 10 minutes.
then, change to part b. and do it until you can do it competently
and hold the thought/idea for 10 minutes. last do part c. until,
you can hold a complete vacancy of mind for 10 minutes.

5. if I'm on part b. what is the difference between just doing part
b. and doing part a. followed by part b. immediately afterwards in
the morning and evening. (I found I went deeper in part b. when I
did both, but I also felt it was too much and I digressed on the
frequency of my practice).

Thank you all for your time,

Jeromy

Main Index | Thread Index