Re: desire in hermeticism

Message 03603 of 3835

Frater Serpentis Satori,

I don't know about Buddhist techniques from experience but it seems
that they are productive techniques, and I am interested in learning
some of them.

I see what you mean about the Japanese schools. I think you can just
take what is useful and works from different places just like Bardon
and other advanced adepts. Even Bruce Lee did this with his martial
art, and he made it a important principle: using what works.

beginner

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Serpentis Satori
<serpentsatori@y...> wrote:
> LVX
> I did recieve the first one, I was just considering my response.
> Escapsism does go against most of the Tenants of Western Magick
(from Alchemy to Qabalah, Enochian & RC, as well as FreeMasonry and
Druidic Paths). Buddhism, though can be a useful series of
techniques in Yoga, for any Magickian. A sort of Martial Arts for
the Mind.
> Many of Bardon & Crowley's Techniques borrow heavily from
Buddhism, the Soul Mirror for one. That origin does not change, that
they are useful.
> Nor are all Buddhist Systems "escapist" Zen, Dzogchen and a few
(mostly Japanese Schools) are about limiting suffering caused by
Attachment & Impermance, while Purifying our Inner Buddha or True
Self, much like Western Hermeticism.
> LVX
> Frater Serpentis Satori
>
> hermetics10 <hermetics10@y...> wrote:
>
> Frater Serpentis Satori,
>
> You can't mitigate suffering but I've always thought that to want
> escape life because suffering exists and is possible is too much.
> I'm not really a fan of Buddhism.
>
> beginner
>
> --- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Serpentis Satori
> <serpentsatori@y...> wrote:
> > LVX
> > Just in that you lack an ego to participate in "human drama"
> and "self-created suffering". You just handle it in a more
detached
> way, but in fact you come in contact with great suffering and
sorrow
> at that level, because it reminds you of the import of
> Compassion/The Great Work.
> > So you spend more time being selfless, and helping others who
> seek Liberation.
> > LVX
> > Frater Serpentis Satori
> >
> > hermetics10 <hermetics10@y...> wrote:
> >
> > Frater Serpentis Satori,
> >
> > I was just thinking that when you reached the level of
perfection
> > then you would have control over how much suffering you would
> > encounter.
> >
> > Ardeshir
> >
> > --- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Serpentis Satori
> > <serpentsatori@y...> wrote:
> > > LVX
> > > Well Alchemic Hermeticism (Rosey Cross School at least),
> > espouses something akin to the Buddhasitva Oath, that is often
> > called Making the World Gold, or The Great Elevation which will
> end
> > suffering, but as you say, through a radically different means.
> > > Evola wrote a book about Buddhism that is very good, and
> > Crowley's teacher Alan Benet founded the British Buddhist
Society,
> > so this hybrid of both Buddhism & Hermeticism at least dates to
> the
> > Edwardian Age. Bardon seems very familiar with much of Tibetian
> > Theory, likely Evens-Wentz as well.
> > > LVX
> > > Frater Serpentis Satori
> > >
> > > hermetics10 <hermetics10@y...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Serpentis Satori,
> > >
> > > Thank you for your reply. I understood what you said. From my
> > > understanding Hermeticism doesn't espouse Buddhism's goal of
non-
> > > existence and non-involvement which I ultimately see as also
> > serving
> > > the purpose of the cessationg of suffering though through a
> > > different outlook or goal.
> > >
> > > Thank you again for your reply.
> > >
> > > beginner
> > >
> > > --- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Serpentis Satori
> > rejoin
> > > our divinity while training our Will in many sub-sytems.
> Buddhism
> > is
> > > focused upon releasing us from the chains & imprisonment of
> > > Ignorance so we will cease incarnation. These goals only
> > > supperficially contradict each other.
Absolute
> > > after The Creator/The Divine, and so it is spoken of in
similar
> > > reverance. This is the Arete of Homer, The True Will of
Crowley