Re: Science of Breath

Message 00051 of 3835

Dear Jennifer,

>> and thanks for the posting of the Science of Breath. I have begun to
use it. Since I have experience in the past with yaga it is a good
refresher. I had abandoned it when Bardon said it was not necessary
though, so I was curious about this conflict with his teachings,
however, upon reading the material. after reading it I have come to
terms with the 'Psychic breathing' aspect as being very similar to the
Bardonian kind of breathing. What say you? <<

Yes, Bardon's pore breathing of the VE is almost exactly the same as
Ramacharaka's psychic breathing. There are just a couple of conceptual
differences. To my mind, the thing of greatest significance for the
Bardon work in Ramacharaka's book is the "yogic complete breath". Once
the technique itself has been integrated, one can perform the complete
breath within the parameters of the normal, unregulated breathing
rhythm. In other words, without lengthening the breath, one can still
do a complete breath. It's the alteration (i.e., lengthening of the
inhale) of the breathing rhythm that isn't compatible with the Bardonian
pore breathing, accumulation of VE, Elements, etc.

Mastering the complete breath also makes for an excellent exercise in
the Step Two, physical exercise of bodily discipline or control. Plus,
maintaining the complete breath makes mastering Bardon's asana easier.