Re: Intro

Message 00052 of 3835

> I am curious as to what are peoples motivations for pursuing the
> Hermetic path? I know my reason but am wondering what other peoples
> reasons are.

For my part, the reason to choose the Hermetic path was my desire to
understand the world (the people, nature, what´s happening, just everything)
and to retrieve that deep state of hapiness when "getting closer to God" (I
don´t know how to express that in words).
So I´ve always been a searcher, not satisfied with any dogmas, and at the
beginnig things did not get further as I would have wished, and left me with
an unfulfilled urge to hurry, but with time I met people that helped me, and
a friend adviced me to get me Bardon´s books, ca. 10 years ago (I´m over 30
now) and things started moving. I´m from a moderate Christian background
and it seems I had more luck than you (since you write you´ve been kicked
out of church ;-)), for I´m from time to time even joining my village´s
bible - rounds and enjoy the discussion *g*.
Bardon´s works made a deep impression on me, right from the beginning,
although I must admit, at first I was quite some times thinking "THAT could
NOT really be true?!?" But even at the beginning of my work of IIH, some
results absolutely fascinated me ... I remember doing some soul-mirror -
work, and suddenly, while doing so, some sad feeling, that had me firmly in
its grip, simply fell off me, while I was writing it down, with the thought
"You don´t have to feel that way" ..I was so perplexed!! :-) ... amazing
And, once again, I absolutely admire to have found such a group like that
here :-)
Gerda

Main Index | Thread Index