Re: Colors

Message 00059 of 3835

Dear Andrew The Merry *and Wise*,

>> One of the things that has (seems to have!) helped me with my
understanding of the Theory of IIH is to remember that everything exists
within a certain context. I figure that if I am having trouble
understanding something (for whatever reason), it's most likely because
I'm not thinking of it in the correct context. I hope this helps some
:-) <<

This is excellent advice! It applies to the practical section too.
Often, an insurmountable wall in the practice also relates to a
mis-conceptualization of the exercise stemming from a lack of clarity
regarding its true context.

IIH not only trains the magical abilities, it also trains the intellect
by demanding that we constantly question our assumptions and hone our
powers of discernment. In this regard, IIH keeps us on a narrow path
because when we don't properly understand, progress stops. This forces
us to re-examine the ground we've already covered and shows us where
we've strayed from the "way of the true adept" (that's a rough
translation of the original German title of IIH). The willingness to
enter into this re-examination and the ability to discern where you've
gone astray, are both very important tools in a magician's advancement.