Re: Elementals Vs. Elementries

Message 00104 of 3835

Thanks a lot, Rawn. I have not read that far ahead in IIh, as I
wanted to stay focused on the current step and not confuse myself.

The reason I asked is that I was doing some reading online and the
terms came up. The author indicated a similarity between an
elemental and a 'familiar' in other systems. The same page also
suggested that there are natural elementals and artificial
elementals which are created, as you say, by the magician for a
specific purpose. Is the idea of naturally ocurring elementals not
consistent with Bardon's teachings?

Thanks,

Martin

> Bardon described the difference quite well in the Step Seven
Physical
> Training section. According to the Ruggeberg edition. page 152-
153:

> "The difference between an *elemental* and an *elementary*
is in
> that an *elemental* is produced, on the base of a deliberate form
of
> thoughts, with the help of the magician's imagination and
willpower, and
> works mainly on the mental plane for the magician's or other
people's
> benefit. An *elementary*, on the other hand, is far more
penetrating
> and more subtle, in its effect, because it is being created from
one or
> several Elements."
>
> A good way to keep them straight in your mind is to think
of "elemental"
> as meaning "simple" or "basic/rudimentary".
>

> An elementary is not intrinsically "bad/negative", nor is an
elemental
> intrinsically the opposite. This depends upon the mind and will
of its
> creator-magician.
>
> In Bardon's system, these are VERY specific terms, however to most
of
> the rest of the occult world these terms carry multiple meanings.
In
> folklore, "elementaries" are often seen as negative sprites, but
these
> are rarely elementaries in the Bardon sense of the term.<

Main Index | Thread Index