Re: Re: Emptiness of Mind

Message 00150 of 3835

Dear Geoffrey,,

>> Now, I am confused. :) From what I understand from Bardon's book in
the Emptiness of Mind, is that I should resist with all my strength from
thoughts are coming in. I think there is a line where it is stated
somethign like that. Rawn, did I understand Bardon correctly? <<

You have understood Bardon correctly. I think the confusion is rooted
in the fact that Pedro's comment was in reference to the *passive
observer exercise*, not the emptiness of mind.

>> Whenever a thought arises, I just shift my focus out of it by not
thinking of it - "not attached
to it". And later on the thought just disappear because no thinking
process is being given to it. And of course, another thought will come
in, and I just do it again. Shifting my focus out. But by doing this, I
don't care about the thoughts coming in. So I don't think even
meaningful thoughts will come in. Because I shift out of the thoughts
everytime. <<

That is the absolutely correct way to do it! :)

>> And just a question too, is there a maximum length to be devoted to
the Emptiness of Mind exercise everyday (like 30 minutes?)? <<

No, there is no maximum. Bardon states a minimum of 10 minutes,
uninterrupted, in order to pass Step One, but doesn't state a maximum.
The emptiness is a very benign state and not harmful in large doses. :)