Re: Emptiness of Mind

Message 00162 of 3835

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Geoffrey Sy <geoffrey_sy@y...>"
Hi again Geoffrey,
Yes Rawn is correct and I'd like to appologise for the confusion but
I got confused as well because of your lines :
">Regarding the one pointedness after I return from emptiness, what
I focus upon? should I focus upon the period I went into emptiness
in the sense that the blank there will become meaningful thoughts?

Again my appologies I will be more careful next time.
More power to all.

<geoffrey_sy@y...> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Now, I am confused. :) From what I understand from Bardon's book in
> the Emptiness of Mind, is that I should resist with all my strength
> from thoughts are coming in. I think there is a line where it is
> stated somethign like that. Rawn, did I understand Bardon
> correctly?
>
> But from Pedro's perspective is I have to let the thoughts just
come
> in. Although not attached to it. But seemingly Pedro attach a
> special meaning to the thoughts coming in. as this line:
>
> > Your thoughts will become more "meaningful" as you progress in
the
> > study.
>
> From my perspective, maybe I am doing a similar thing with what
Pedro
> is saying but not entirely similar. Whenever a thought arises, I
> just shift my focus out of it by not thinking of it - "not attached
> to it". And later on the thought just disappear because no
thinking
> process is being given to it. And of course, another thought will
> come in, and I just do it again. Shifting my focus out. But by
doing
> this, I don't care about the thoughts coming in. So I don't think
> even meaningful thoughts will come in. Because I shift out of the
> thoughts everytime.
>
> And just a question too, is there a maximum length to be devoted to
> the Emptiness of Mind exercise everyday (like 30 minutes?)?
>
> Paul, how do you practise it in the office?
>
> Thanks,
> Geoffrey
>
> --- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Pedro A. G. Chuidian Jr.
> <dv1pc@y...>" <dv1pc@y...> wrote:
> > --- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Geoffrey Sy
> <geoffrey_sy@y...>"
> >
> > Hi Geoffrey,
> >
> > This is unsolicited , with all due respect to all, I'd just like
> > add a little something. Just let it happen. From what I have
> learned,
> > the idea of learning to "let go" of your thoughts is for us to
> learn
> > not to end up forcing concepts and ideas into the practice to be
> able
> > to get results. That was why he said "to be a silent observer".
> This
> > is a natural tendency of a person in the study - to be expecting
> the
> > results or effects of the practice. At this early stage, the
> student
> > is likely to simulate experiences where later on in the study it
> > might be the cause of a stagnation. I fell into the trap before
> when
> > I was so eager to get results and be able to say something to my
> > guide.
> >
> > Your thoughts will become more "meaningful" as you progress in
the
> > study.
> >
> > During this stage, just learn to focus and extend the duration of
> > this focus. Breathing properly is of utmost importance.
> >
> > I hope I worded it properly that you got my point and that I was
> able
> > to help you in any way.
> >

> > <geoffrey_sy@y...> wrote:
> > > Thanks Rawn,
> > >

> > > Regarding the one pointedness after I return from emptiness,
what
> > > focus upon? should I focus upon the period I went into
emptiness
> > in
> > > the sense that the blank there will become meaningful
thoughts?
> > Did I get it right?

Main Index | Thread Index