Re: Entropy and water magnetism

Message 00344 of 3835

Dear Basim,

>> Some friends of mine were talking about a role-playing game in
which the characters are able to manipulate fate and chance, by
working through entropy. "What a wonderful idea," I thought! Is it
possible to do this from a Hermetic perspective - increase our
chances of doing something, of having someone believe us when we're
talking, of making us more lucky, and so on - and, if it does, how
does it work? How would entropy be covered from a Hermetic
perspective?
I'm not sure - Bardon speaks a lot about the lawfulness and order
of the universe, so it seems kind of odd that we could make
ourselves "lucky" (manipulating chance instead of actual events). On
the other hand, if the Akasha represents possibility, being the
source of everything on the three planes (as I'm given to understand
it), then one could easily expend a _little_ effort to stack the deck
in her favor, as opposed to expending a _lot_ of effort to come up
with a royal flush, to use a poker metaphor. Either way, useful or
no, it sounds like an interesting possibility. To me. =P The poor
Hermetic's Swiss Army Knife, I guess. <<

What is popularly called "luck" is a matter of being in harmony with the
universe. It's not a matter of changing the universe; rather, it's a
matter of changing yourself and of bringing yourself into harmony with
the universe.

>> My next question has to do with water magnetism. By magnetising a
bottle of water, cold soda, et cetera with a certain wish/property, like
"health" or "calmness," is it possible to create something akin to a
classical "potion," albeit on a much lower level of power? I'm sure that
it's possible in the short term, a la the water/Eucharistic magic, but
what about the long term, like if you stored it away in your fridge for
later use? <<

Most likely, your charge would fade away while in storage and you'd need
to re-charge your "potion".