Re: Tetrapolar magnet

Message 00359 of 3835

Something I don't understand is why it's specifically called
a "magnet". What is magnetic about it?
Stephen M.

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, Jonathan Bell
<bell_jonathan@y...> wrote:

> I remember getting confused by the same thing too! I think I
looked in the dictionary, and both quadra and tetra mean 'four' but
one is from greek roots and the other from latin?? is that correct,
or am I just talking rubbish? :o)
> "Martin <martincosgrove@g...>" <martincosgrove@g...> wrote:I'm
sorry! I didn't realize that the Quadrapolar and Tetrapolar
> magnets were one in the same... it's like learning another
language
> sometimes!!!
>
> Thanks for clearing that up for me, I felt silly asking such a
basic
> question but if I don't get these things clear now, I'm sure it
> won't do me any favours in the future :-)
>
> Martin
>

> Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Service.