Re: Question One-pointedness

Message 00377 of 3835

Dear Rawn ~

> Sounds good to me but I think the more important question is, did it
> work for *you*? That's really the final test.

It worked for me in the regard that it kept my mind firmly focused
upon the topic at hand. By keeping the mental "words" going even when
there was no real content, I kept the topic in mind and shut out all
other thoughts, until I could continue building upon the topic
content-wise.

The question is, again, if this means of keeping focused is conducive
to the purpose of the exercise, or if I instead am cheating by
forcing my line of thinking in this way. What I in essence am doing
here to keep out distractions is making sure they cannot bypass my
wall of mental noise repeating the topic, until I find content to
actively pursue it again.

Could not this be likened to having a loud monotonous noise on, such
as an air-conditioner, to drown out otherwise audible distractions?

Well met and thank you for your responses!
Vovin

Main Index | Thread Index