Re: Question One-pointedness

Message 00387 of 3835

Greetings!

<<The "purpose of the exercise" is to "kept my mind firmly focused
<<upon the topic at hand" and to "shut out all other thoughts".

<<So how could this be "cheating"?

Hehehe... You hit the nail on the head, Rawn! You're a tricky one,
using my own words to answer my own question!! ;-)

On a positive note, I've got something to share with you all that I
am very excited about. I think I've figured out how the
mental/astral/physical perception thing works!

Once I got the hang of it, it was quite easy to switch awareness
between the different bodies (mental/astral/physical). From what I
see, the perception of these bodies can be described as follows:

Mental : The essence of meaning inherent in observed objects.
Astral : The individual meaning inherent in observed objects.
Physical : The conglomerate of mental and astral perception, as well
as the dimensional form/seperateness of observed object.

Take for instance my coffee-cup. Observing it from my mental body, I
see "container of liquid". From my astral body, I see "my ol'
trustworthy coffee-mug; a great present from my wife". Obviously, the
descriptions above are but bits of the whole picture, and neither
really comprises of language.

I find that by intently focusing solely upon the essential meaning of
what I see before me, I sooner or later "switch" to this level of
perception, so that it becomes the present mode of perception without
effort.

At work a couple of days ago, I tried a little experiment. I started
looking at objects that I could see from the level of essential
meaning (mental body), until the mode of observation came naturally.
Then I looked at a jar whose contents I could not physically see. My
mental observation, however, told me (not in words, but in meaning)
something akin to "Holding paper together". I went to look, and
indeed the jar contained paper-clips! Now I didn't "see" paper-clips
with my mental vision, but rather "holding paper together", without
any visual input. I was not surprised that the jar contained paper-
clips, although I never actually interpreted the essential meaning
for the sake of the experiment.

I am rambling... I'm just very excited with my revelation. Now it is
easy switching between mental and astral vision, by filtering out
their principles, like radio-frequencies, from the other input. Of
course, it is nothing like mental/astra wandering, since I am still
observing from my physical body. Still, I consider it a big step
forward.

Well met
Vovin

Main Index | Thread Index