One-pointedness status

Message 00393 of 3835

Greetings!

I am presently practicing one-pointedness, which fortunately is quite
easy for me. Yesterday, after only four days of practicing, I was up
to nine minutes. The only reason I quit it at that point was because
I was getting restless, which I suppose is a major distraction.

My topic last night was fire, and I came up with some very
interesting stuff regarding the nature of fire. Incidentally, I
experienced an interesting phenomenon. The surface of my body started
getting these hot flashes, like intense heat. I thought I was
incredibly hot, until I put my hands on different parts of my body
and realized the physical temperature was perfectly normal. Actually,
the heat didn't feel like it was generated from within, like it
normally does; instead, the heat rested on the close surface of my
skin like tight clothing, but not steady but fluctuating. It was a
very physical sensation.

My biggest problem at this stage is not the discipline of avoiding
distractions, it is getting deeper. I realize what a great tool this
level of mentation is, and I want to get deeper. I felt how, when I
kept feeding the ideation/topic to my mind, it responded after a
short time by totally focusing upon the topic at hand. I was released
from the strain, and just flowed into the topic like the rush of a
river.

My question is this: Does anybody have any tips on how to get deeper
into the ideation/topic?

Thanx for your time!

Well met
Vovin