Re: One-pointedness status

Message 00397 of 3835

Dear Vovin,

>> My biggest problem at this stage is not the discipline of avoiding
distractions, it is getting deeper. I realize what a great tool this
level of mentation is, and I want to get deeper. I felt how, when I kept
feeding the ideation/topic to my mind, it responded after a short time
by totally focusing upon the topic at hand. I was released from the
strain, and just flowed into the topic like the rush of a river. My
question is this: Does anybody have any tips on how to get deeper
into the ideation/topic? <<

The best tip is to keep doing what you're doing. It *will* evolve! ;-)

As an experiment, I suggest that once you have flowed into it like the
rush of a river (excellent metaphor, by the way!) and feel that you have
filled it, then let go of the 'you' / 'it' polarity and allow yourself
to become at-one-with it. One way of making that transition from
"filling it" to "being it" is to use the emptiness of mind. In other
words, at the point when you feel you have "filled it", enter into an
emptiness of mind, releasing all thoughts entirely, and just BE.

When you enter into the emptiness of mind from the starting place of a
deep one-pointed focus, the point of focus has the effect of shaping the
emptiness. It's like walking down a path that leads through a gate to a
garden where you find the *essential meaning* of the thing you have been
focusing upon.