Re: Bardon and the Buddha

Message 00580 of 3835

Sokan,

In my opinion, while both Bardon and Buddhism us similar, if not the
same methods to achieve what they wish to achieve, I feel that they
make use of radically different overall methodologies. Within
Buddhism, the ideal is the Lohan Ahart who becomes enlightened,
experiences nirvana and is released from samsara, the cycle of death
and rebirth; or the other ideal is the boddhisatva, the one who is
enlightened, and experiences nirvana, yet chooses to be reborn and
work towards everyone becoming enlightened. In both cases, nirvana is
attained, a state in which essentially involves the extinguishing of
the self, the ego, at which point only the Buddha nature remains.
Which, by some accounts is not the most plesant of experiences and
doesn't exactly allow for the enlightened person to function within
society. In fact, most material on Buddhism I've read seem to suggest
that one can only become truely enlightened after death.

Bardon's system, seems to work in a slightly different fashion.
Instead of extinguisting the self, one works to transform it to such
a degree that the self and the greater guardian genius become one.
While there may be a similar sort of extinguisment of self before
complete unity with the divine occurs within the Western Hermetic
traditions, I haven't heard anything about it. Because of this it
would seem that the magician is able to achieve unity with the divine
and while maintaining a sense of self afterwards that allows them to
contingue the work of divine providence within that lifetime...

Just a though.

Love and Live well,
Peter

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "sokan108" <carpediem108@a...>
wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has had the same experience I have had in
> seeing a relationship to mastering the mind, emotions and body, and
> the meditation practice in Zen and Vipassana Buddhism. I am
> specifically refering to the process of observing and ultimatley
> letting go of thought, feelings (the mirrors) and the body (asana).
> Both traditions if mastered allow the practitoner to focus the mind
> on pure consciousness (vacancy of mind), and to not be a slave to
the
> emotional (controling the sub-conscious) and physical bodies (body
> control). Bardons method is governed by an application of will
power,
> and Buddhas through developed mindfulness.
>
> Just food for thought
>
> Sokan

Main Index | Thread Index