Re: Bardon and the Buddha

Message 00575 of 3835

Something that I have become more aware of is that the only constant
nature of my Mind is empty space (no cheap jokes please :)). I use
the term Mind to mean that which is left over after I stop holding
onto (clinging) thoughts, emotions and physical sensations as a
constant and true me. How can someting that is always coming and
going, and never always there, be a true state of consciousness that
I can call me. When I am very concentrated I see all these thoughts
and feelings like clouds drifting past me, I catch myself getting
stuck to one or two and then must regain my focus. So, in a way I
feel like an actor playing a role, I choose to use white mirror
qualities to play my part, but know that it is in a way just an act.
When a Zen master asks the question "what did your face look like
before your parents were born", it can only be answered when all
possible answers are dropped. I believe that to have true intent and
will power I must find and firmly estabish this true state of self,
this is why I think Bardon makes the vacancy of mind a prerequisite
and life long preactice. The mind is a mirror, and what is truth is
reflected in that moment.

I'll step off my soap box now

Sokan

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "sokan108" <carpediem108@a...>
wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has had the same experience I have had in
> seeing a relationship to mastering the mind, emotions and body, and
> the meditation practice in Zen and Vipassana Buddhism. I am
> specifically refering to the process of observing and ultimatley
> letting go of thought, feelings (the mirrors) and the body (asana).
> Both traditions if mastered allow the practitoner to focus the mind
> on pure consciousness (vacancy of mind), and to not be a slave to
the
> emotional (controling the sub-conscious) and physical bodies (body
> control). Bardons method is governed by an application of will
power,
> and Buddhas through developed mindfulness.
>
> Just food for thought
>
> Sokan

Main Index | Thread Index