Re: Training in Kaballah before step 8

Message 00608 of 3835

Dear Peter,

>> While I am having some trouble seperating each sound out, my main
question has to do with regards to figure #2 which shows the three
variants off of the tree of life and the subsequent commentary upon that
figure. Here you suggest that one bind these three figures into the
three bodies, primarily the mental and astral bodies. My problem arises
with exactly where the various sepheroth are suppose to go in relation
to the self. Within your commentary, and within your audio recordings
concerning the Magic of IHVH-ADNI which I have worked with extensivly,
say that kether is above the head, chokma by the left temple, binah by
the right temple and so forth. Yet at the same time, I've seen other
sources that place chokma on the right and binah on the left, adding to
the confusion. Having worked for some time within one model, attempting
to use the other doesn't quite feel right. So I'm wondering if you could
comment upon the plausible reasons for this discrepincy? <<

There are two basic approaches to the Tree of Life. One is that you
step forward into it. This places the Pillar of Mercy on your right
side and the Pillar of Severity on your left. The basic tenet here is
one of worship in which the Tree represents the cosmos and you are
essentially face-to-face with it. The second approach is one of backing
into the Tree. This places the Pillar of Mercy on your left side and
the Pillar of Severity on your right. The basic tenet here is one of
*merging with*, and *acting as*, the cosmos. This is the way of the
magician who wields the powers of the Tree and it is the method that I
use in all of my works (IHVH-ADNI, 8T, 32 Paths, etc.).

The confusion between these two approaches stems from the ancient Hebrew
texts which shift back and forth between the theoretical and practical
Kabbalah. Theoretical Kabbalah approaches the Tree and G-d,
face-to-face, with the attitude of worship; whereas, the practical
Kabbalah seeks to merge with G-d and wield the Divine powers and
therefore speaks of becoming the Tree (which requires a backing into the
Tree).

>> Also, since the Gra Tree of Life is, for a lack of a better term,
squished, how does this correspond with areas of the body...or lack
thereof? <<

The mental body (which is the body I suggest incorporating the Gra Tree
into) does not have the same rigid shape and structure that the physical
and astral bodies possess. I suggest that you give your mental body an
ovoid *shape* and then incorporate the *structure* of the Gra Tree
within that ovoid. But be careful to think of the Gra structure as a
structure composed of inter-related meaning and ideas instead of as a
rigid structure composed of dimensional shapes. In other words, it's
the *idea* or *essence* of Kether which *crowns* your mental body, not
just a sphere of white brilliance which sits at its topmost point.