Re: Spontaneous Magic

Message 00659 of 3835

Dear Andrew,

>> Neat example! I hope your tree feels better :-) <<

Yes, he's doing very well. :) In fact, this morning there's a bud
swelling just below one of my major cuts and the cut ends themselves are
completely healed over. This sort of application of the positive (i.e.,
nurturing) Fire Element will speed growth considerably.

>> I've been wondering lately how important it is for practitioners to
see how their magical training is not something completely removed from
their everyday lives. <<

I think this is crucial. If magic is not *completely* integrated into
one's mundane existence then one risks becoming out of touch with their
mundane reality. Magic is something that must be lived fully, not just
made into a hobby. The magical *life* is exciting and infinitely
fulfilling.

>> One thing that Bardon hints at, but shys away from due to the fact
that it would "encompass many volumes", is the infinite possible
applications of magic. Even when we aren't in "magic mode", all of the
things that we've learned still apply. It's just a matter then of
realizing how it applies and performing the act. <<

Yes, the possibilities are, quite literally, infinite. This is one
reason why magic is often described as an "art". Just as there are an
infinite number of ways that paint can be applied to canvas, so to are
there an infinite number of ways that the techniques of magic can be
applied to life.