Re: Need to balance the balancing effort :-)

Message 00661 of 3835

Dear NB,

>> I'm obviously doing the necessary to come back to a more balanced
behaviour (I changed the theme of autosuggestion, of course),
particularly by inserting a notion of harmony and balance in my
autosuggestion.
However,the fact looked interesting to me and I wanted to know
whether others had faced the same situation. Any idea about anything
obvious I neglected ? <<

;-) Judging by your sense of surprise, I'd say the only thing you've
overlooked is the fact that initiation is a *learning* process. What
you've just described is an example of how we learn to refine our
magical practice. We try a technique and learn from the results we
achieve, how to better perfect our use of the technique. Each of the
techniques you will learn from your practice of IIH will be like this --
they evolve through continuous practice and refinement.

When you *always* examine your results with a critical and clear mind,
and *always* seek to perfect your technique through the diligent
application of the lessons you learn through *practical* trial-and-error
experimentation, then these simple-seeming techniques from Steps One and
Two, will reveal themselves to be far, far more than you had ever
imagined!

There's an old saying that holds great wisdom for the magician: "Be
careful what you ask for!" Implied in that is care for *how* and *why*
one asks for a certain thing. In other words, technique and motivation
are equally important issues, both of which require continuous
refinement.

In your illustration, it's obvious that you've learned important things
about the technique, vis a vis, its powerfulness and the finer points of
autosuggestion. And you've learned something about motivation, vis a
vis, aiming for harmony and balance in all things. You've learned the
role that such factors play in your use of this particular technique
and, undoubtedly, you've learned to be a bit more careful about "what
you ask for"! ;-)

It's exciting when your efforts begin to bear fruit and the techniques
show their effectiveness in no uncertain terms! :) It's an
invigorating time of discovery and experimentation and endless
refinement of technique. But it's also the time when the lessons
regarding the use of power begin to emerge. These lessons pertain more
to the "why" than the "how" or "what". Many magicians forget the
over-riding importance of the "why" component and often underestimate
its impact upon the "how" and "what". In my estimation, the refinement
of the "why" component is THE most important potentiator of one's
magical advancement and overall evolution. The "way of the true adept"
(a reference to the original German title of IIH) as Bardon laid it out
is to refine "why", "how" and "what", simultaneously and equally.
Hermetics is the path of balance, of an Equilibrium between magical
technique and mystical attainment.

One of the lessons to be learned from experiences such as you described
is that care must be taken when performing any magical act. One must
learn from the consequences of one's actions and put that learning to
good use in all of one's future actions. :)

By the way, Congratulations! :)