Re: Anger

Message 00713 of 3835

The problem is that I'm _not_ better than them - the reason that I
get so angry isn't because they're doing this to me, or even that
they're doing it to others, but the reasons that they're doing it -
like I said, as far as they're concerned, existence is invalidated
because of something you're born with, like your race or gender.

But, unfortunately, everyone's right - there's nothing I can do to
change them. I just wish that I could render them ineffective as far
as affecting others, but laws prevent that; if I were to talk
peacefully with the gay man, he would have me effectively ostracised
because I'm homophobic, or something to that effect. To use my native
colloquialism, it pisses me off to see that the law condones their
discrimination of me for being a heterosexual male while protecting
them from me because they're homosexual or female. Or both, in some
cases. I want to give them justice, or empathy for what they're
doing, but that's beyond me, at least for the moment...

But like I said - you're all right. The only thing I can do right now
is realize that they're the ones being stupid and find some way to
defend myself if they target me, and then spread that bit of
knowledge among others. Thanks for your help - I'll probably be
posting more once I get this resolved.

Thanks again,

- Basim

Main Index | Thread Index