Re: Asanas for the twisted

Message 00733 of 3835

Dear RM,

>> I have finally (after 6 months of work!) finished step 1. <<

Congratulations!!! :)

>> Could anyone suggest how I can adjust step 2's asana exercise around
my particular physical problems? Is lying down a legitimate asana? <<

Yes, lying down is legitimate (so long as you can stay awake), as is
sitting propped up like you described. It's best to begin with a
position/asana that is comfortable for *you*. Once you master comfort
and an even concentration in this position for an extended period,
experiment with less comfortable positions (such as sitting more
upright). But for purposes of the meditation asana which you'll use
most often, make it something comfortable!