Asanas for the twisted

Message 00732 of 3835

Good afternoon to all!

I have finally (after 6 months of work!) finished step 1. So . . .
now I have a step 2 question.

I have a curvature (twisting) of my spine that makes sitting erect
physically impossible. Indeed, the only sitting posture I can manage
without straining my back is to lean back in an inclined position
with the back fully supported. Similarly when standing I cannot stand
motionless without incurring back pain (I must constantly move and
shift position to take the strain off individual muscles). Could
anyone suggest how I can adjust step 2's asana exercise around my
particular physical problems? Is lying down a legitimate asana?

Respectfully, /RM/

Main Index | Thread Index