Re: Step 2 : elements

Message 00748 of 3835

Dear Hilikus77,

>> I have a question for all of you, concerning the elemental balance.
Since elements are associated with senses, if we had success with all
the mental exercices of step 2, does that mean we have the elements
equilibrate enough to switch to step 3 ?
I would answer yes, but i'd really like to hear what you think as i'm
not really sure. I think this test (to see if you are equilibrate) is
much more accurate than using the soul mirror. What do you think of
that ? <<

This alone is not a suitable gauge. Please look at what Bardon had to
say about it in his very first paragraph of "Magic Psychic (Astral)
Training (III)" [p.79 of the Ruggeberg edition and p.101 of the Merkur
edition] --

"Before starting on the training for this step, the astral equipoise
of the elements in the soul has to be established by introspection and
self-control unless you wish to do mischief to yourself. If it is
absolutely sure, that none of the elements is prevailing, you ought to
keep working on the refinement of the character, in the course of the
development, but you might as well go on to work with the elements in
the astral body."

In other words, he suggests the Soul Mirror as the gauge, not one's
success with the sensory concentration exercises. Remember, the Step
Three work with the Elements is an *astral* exercise, as is the Soul
Mirror work. The sensory concentration exercises, on the other hand,
are *mental* exercises, and while they do impact the *astral* equipoise
of the Elements, their main transformative value is in regard to the
mental equipoise.

As always, in order to progress to the next Step, one must first master
the exercises in *all three* sections of the present Step. Mastery of
the sensory concentration exercises alone is not sufficient. One must
also have progressed in the character transformation to the degree
Bardon indicated (i.e., one must have transformed the strongest, most
influential negative traits and *know* from the evidence provided by
their Soul Mirror that "none of the elements is prevailing").

There is no "test", per se, of this other than your own self-knowledge.
Either you know that you have achieved this rudimentary equipoise or you
know that you haven't. It's really that simple. :)