Re: dreaming and 8 temples

Message 00776 of 3835

Dear Dustin,

>> Hi, I have been lucid dreaming for a couple years but I can't seem to
get out of my "bedroom." I.e. The common launching point for the lucid
dream is the bedroom, and I typically wander around my house(which
closely resembles my physical house.) But it seems as though nothing
constructive is coming from these sessions, other than a slow
development of the dreaming body. It seems as though there is a mental
block that is preventing me from changing the scenery to anything
besides my house. <<

A lucid dream state is still a dream state and the dream state is
defined by the fact that it occurs within the terrain of the dreamer's
own psyche. The dreamer's own home is perhaps the most common dream
symbol of the dreamer's psyche as a whole.

>> Ideally I would like to go into the 8 temples from the astral-mental
state of a lucid dream. Once I "accidently" came across one of the
temples in my dreaming, but I would like to do this willfully. How
would one accomplish this feat? Is it practical to experience the
meditation as if it were real, by going there from a lucid dream (no
awareness of the physical body)? Or is better to settle with a mental
projection through the physical body? <<

I suggest that you do the 8T as I've laid it out. This will incorporate
the Temples into the terrain of your own psyche and thus render (a
version of) them accessible from the dream state. But this will only be
a *version* of the Temples since the Temples themselves exist
independent of the psyche. In other words, the Temples themselves in
their wholeness are not accessible while one is dreaming. To reach the
true Temples requires a non-dream state and a journey outside the
confines of one's own psyche.