Re: Visualizations

Message 00841 of 3835

Great and realistic is your question ! I am at the same
level as you and do have the same interrogations. For a
while I worked as you do, but I noticed it wasn't the right
way. You answered your own question : too much analysing
means too many concepts, by the way, we only are
recommanded to visualise the shape and colour of the
object, nothing more, nothing less.
According to me the problem seems to be somewhere else.
Whatever object you can think at or you can refer to, is
the same (except the interpration you therefore lead). When
you say a fork, you get the mental image of a fork - a fork
you may use every day - and it is precisely at this moment
you got to condense the mental image you are thinking at !
So that it is possible to visualise it. It's like when you
are using "Word" for example - first, the thought, then you
type the words that display in the screeb (they are not
physical, beut you can see them) and at last you can
"touch" them when you print your text. No matter what is
your analyse, the important is that you visualise you text.
It's easy to write, but performing it, deals with other
matters.

Sincere regards, Woce

--- leviathanthewise <fish_studios@...> a écrit :
---------------------------------
I know that a ton of posts have been done on this topic,
and I tried
my best to sift through them to see if this had been asked
before
and I couldn't find it.

Anyway, here's the question:

Is it okay to start visualizations with simple, shapes
(such as a
cube) rather than a real object in front of you? My mind
tends to
over-analyze things and I have a hard time with creating an
image as
I try and put a little too much detail into. For example,
if I was
to visualize a pencil, its not enough just to see a pencil,
I have
to think about the lead inside the pencil, how worn is the
lead, is
the eraser worn down, does it have lead traces on it, are
there
scratches on the pencil, writing, is the wood on the end
frayed or
smooth, and it goes on and on and on.

It ends up being more of a mental thought exercise than a
visualization one. It takes me almost 5 minutes to build
the image
and then to try and hold on to it after what I just put
myself
through isn't all that easy.

So I was thinking that maybe starting with extremely basic
shapes
would be a good idea, to help train my mind in building the
image
and learning to hold.

I'm not saying that I think there's something wrong with
all the
detail, just that here at first its hindering more than
helping.

Any thoughts on this? Are simple shapes okay? or should I
stick to
pencils and such and work through the difficulty?

-- Alan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.