Re: a question of hygiene

Message 00859 of 3835

Dear S2dent,

>> I sometimes shop in the second-hand market. Some items, however, do
not feel particularly fresh. How do I clean second-hand books or clothes
from old, possibly negative energies? <<

I suggest a combination of visualization and willing. At the same time
as you *will* that the item be cleansed of all negativity, *visualize*
this happening.

A little ditty that I learned in Coven makes for a handy tool in this
regard. It goes:
"I cast out all negativity and in its place, let harmony be. I
now invoke the Law of Three and as I will, so mote it be."

As you say, "I cast out all negativity", willfully cast out all the
negative energetics of the item and simultaneously visualize this
happening.

As you say, "and in its place, let harmony be", willfully create the
state of harmony within the item and simultaneously visualize this
happening.

As you say, "I now invoke the Law of Three", affirm you work by
visualizing harmony within each of your item's three bodies. See a
harmonious mental body of your item, a harmonious astral body and a
harmonious physical body, in that order.

As you say, "and as I will, so mote it be", willfully assert the reality
that your item has indeed been cleansed of all the negativity it came
with and is now "fresh".

It is also helpful to burn some herb Sage as incense during such a
cleansing since Sage chases away negativity and invites harmony.

Other techniques that can be used for this sort of cleansing are an
accumulation of the Vital Energy, a filling with Akasha and use of the
Fluids, to name a few, but the one I've described is the simplest and is
certainly sufficient for most needs.

>> (Isn't magic generally about being fresh?) <<

;-) Depends upon how you mean the word 'fresh', young man! ;-)