Re: The Golden Book of Wisdom online

Message 00895 of 3835

Hi,
Cool link! I had never read this bit before. Very interesting. In
it Bardon says:

"There is no magic without mysticism, i.e. no substance without
influences, effects and manifestations, since these two fundamental
basic concepts are dependent on each other. Magic may not be
separated from mysticism, and both have to be dealt with at the same
time and in a like manner. In his studies, the Hermetic must always
proceed in a magical and mystical manner; that is, he must always
bear in mind both quantity and quality, and he must be able to
differentiate distinctly between quantity (for example, power in
matter and substances) and quality (for example attributes, effects,
influences, and the like). He must never confuse the two concepts if
he does not wish to create chaos.

Remember! Magic is quantity and mysticism is quality! When, in the
chapters that follow, I speak of quantities, I will always mean
magic. When talking about influences, attributes, abilities, virtues,
and so forth, I will be referring to mysticism. This has been a
universal law from the beginning of the world and it will remain a
universal law until its end!"

I would like to get some clarification on his terms *quantity* and
*quality* relating to magic and mysticism. It seems to me he is
using them like-
cause and effect
creator and created
akasha -> -> -> earth, etc.
Am I understanding this correctly?
Thanks
Alan

--- In BardonPraxis@yahoogroups.com, "Martin Cosgrove"
<martincosgrove@g...> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> The surviving section of Franz Bardon's 'The Golden Book of Wisdom'
as presented in the English edition of 'Frabato the Magician' can be
found online at: