The Three Mothers and IHVH

Message 00924 of 3835

As some of you may know, I am a member of a local university
pagan/occult group that has discussions every week or so. While I
haven't been able to attend for the past little while for various
reasons, I made it a point to attend last weeks meeting due to the
fact that the topic of discussion was the tree of life. While there
was a lot of discussion, one really stuck in my mind and led me into
a further insight into the three mother letters.

This insight from a fellow member came from me stating that the three
mother letters where associated with various parts of the body: Shin;
the head, Aleph; the chest and Mem; the stomach. Upon doing as such,
he produced a diagram which placed the Hebrew letters one on top of
the other as they would appear in the body. Which in turn produced an
interesting pictograph of a human, in similar fashion to how IHVH is
sometimes used to symbolize the human. Both diagrams are shown in the
photo section.

Such a diagram would appear to be rather illustrative of the nature
of these three mother letters as I understand them at the moment. On
a rudimentary level, each letter shows it's elemental nature by it's
image. Shin shows and upward and expansive movement towards heaven, a
representation of the electric fluid. Aleph, with it's symmetrically,
represents the balance between the electric and magnetic fluid.
Whereas Mem, with it's circular imagery seems to accurately represent
the cold, contractive nature of the magnetic fluid.

On a more physiological level, each letter represents the area within
the human body. This is especially apparent when they are placed one
on top of the other to create a human form. Shin shows a head and
arms upraised in praise. Aleph seems to represent the whole chest
area, with the three strokes that make up Aleph to represent the two
lungs and the heart. Mem shows the abdominal area, with the strokes
of Mem also seeming to represent the large intestine, and seems to
allude to the other internal organs of the abdomen.

Just a few thoughts on the matter.

Love and Live well,
Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index