Re: The Three Mothers and IHVH

Message 00933 of 3835

Hi there,

I have a question about this. I am aware of the tetragrammaton and
all that. I have a pretty good knowledge of Hebrew too. So I was
wondering if you mean to say that the Shin, Aleph and Mem actually
were *meant* to symbolize the qualities of the body you listed. Or
do you mean they symbolize those qualities for you?

I ask because the Hebrew alphabet is not Hebrew at all. It is
Aramaic in origin. That in turn was based on the Phoenician
alphabet. The names of letters are not Hebrew, they are Hebrew
versions of Phoenician words (the two languages were cousins anyway
though)

In case you are interested in the original Phoenician meanings:
Shin means "tooth" and is a picture of a row of teeth.
Aleph means "ox" and in the original phoenician version looks like
an ox's head.
Mem I don't know about. It might mean "water", I would have to look
it up.
This is all easy information to confirm.

> On a more physiological level, each letter represents the area
within
> the human body. This is especially apparent when they are placed
one
> on top of the other to create a human form. Shin shows a head and
> arms upraised in praise. Aleph seems to represent the whole chest
> area, with the three strokes that make up Aleph to represent the
two
> lungs and the heart. Mem shows the abdominal area, with the
strokes
> of Mem also seeming to represent the large intestine, and seems to
> allude to the other internal organs of the abdomen.
>
> Just a few thoughts on the matter.
>
> Love and Live well,
> Peter Reist

Main Index | Thread Index