Re: Question: IIH, Element balance...

Message 01131 of 3835

Dear Chuck,

The ultimate goal of the character transformation is the complete
positivization of the personality. Bardon speaks of "balance" in Step
Two because the goal for Step Two, in this regard, is the transformation
of the most outstanding negative traits. By the end of Step Two the
initiate must have established a rudimentary 'balance' wherein the major
negative traits have been positivized and there is, at least, a balance
between positive and negative. In Step Three, this process is continued
and by the end, the rudimentary 'Equilibrium' attained wherein only very
minor negative traits remain untransformed.

>> Question 1:
To balance a negative water trait, ... <<

You are not "balancing" or "eliminating" the negative traits. Instead,
you are *transforming* them. You will find items in the positive mirror
that can help in this transformation, but it's not just a matter of
increasing an opposing positive trait.

>> Question 2:
Kind of an odd question, though some of us come out of a particular
statment with our own individual and unique understandings, grins.
Is the balancing of elements ideas in this section and personal
exercises to balance the positive traits also? To a medium elemental
trait. <<

No. At some point, you will work to strengthen your weaker positive
traits until all your positive traits have a similar degree of strength.
There is no "dumbing down", so to speak, of your positive traits.

>> I ask this because some of my positive traits (listening too much to
people at times, when I could agress and not give up my time and
accomplish some task I must do instead) is an excessive positive trait
of being a good listener. This obviously needs to be curtailed, cut
back, so that I get a practical task accomplished which is being delayed
by over giving of my time to listening.
Now does this water/positive trait of being a good listener, though in
excessive giving of time to listening it becomes a water/negative
trait have to be balanced with the opposite water polarity trait or
the opposing element opposite polarity trait?
Some good/positive qualities can be in excess and become negative
traits also is my point. <<

An excess such as you describe is a negative trait, not a positive one.
Being a good listener is indeed a positive trait, but the excess of it
is not. Often, an excess such as this, which wears a positive face, has
nothing to do with the positive face. In other words, the positive
trait of being a good listener and the negative trait of leaving your
other commitments unattended because you've been listening too long, are
two separate issues, each with a different root. The one belongs in
your positive mirror and the other in your negative mirror.