Multiplicative gematria

Message 01227 of 3835

Dear all -

Whilst this post is not 100% directly related to the study of
Bardon's works, it is Kabbalistically related, so I apologise in
advance (and Rawn, please feel free to let me know if this post is
better directed elsewhere).

I have been recently meditating on the 216-letter name of G-d. This
is not to say that I know it - rather, that I was trying to
understand the numerical/gematriac relevance of this particular
number. Given that this name is meant to be the most holy and
powerful name of G-d, it seemed strange that the number of letters do
not numerologically/gematrially reduce to unity (i.e. 2+1+6 equals
nine and not one).

Further meditiation led to a breakthrough: 216 is 6 cubed, or, to put
it another way, 216 = 2 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 3 x 3. This was a remarkably
enlightening breakthrough as these numbers reflect the 6 days of
creation:

- on the first day G-d created light and darkness (2)
- on day two, the heavens and the earth (2)
- on day three, the waters and the land (2)
- on day four, the sun, moon and stars (3)
- on day five, the things that fly, swim and creep (3)
- on day six, G-d created man...

It took me a while to work out how man is represented in a triplet. I
should have looked at IIH straight away - Man is the embodiment of
the mental, astral and physical!!

What is surprising here (for me anyway) is that I have seen gematria
used on an additive basis (e.g. the 613 commandments in the Torah
reduce to 6+1+3=10!) but never on a multiplicative basis. This
therefore (in a long-winded fashion) leads me to ask the group
whether anyone has come across multiplicative gematria before?

Dan

Main Index | Thread Index