Re: Multiplicative gematria

Message 01246 of 3835

Dear Daniel,

>> Whilst this post is not 100% directly related to the study of
Bardon's works, it is Kabbalistically related, so I apologise in
advance (and Rawn, please feel free to let me know if this post is
better directed elsewhere). <<

Thanks for asking. :) I've approved your message because this does
relate fairly directly to KTQ since Bardon included a consideration of
the Shem HaMephorash in that book (and somewhat indirectly in PME).

>> I have been recently meditating on the 216-letter name of G-d. <<

This is more properly titled the "72-Fold Name" since it's composed of
72 three-Letter names. 3x72=216

>> Given that this name is meant to be the most holy and powerful name
of G-d, <<

All of the Names of G-d are "holy" so it's really not a matter of any
one being more so than another.

>> it seemed strange that the number of letters do not
numerologically/gematrially reduce to unity (i.e. 2+1+6 equals nine and
not one). <<

Gematrically speaking, *13* is the number of Unity, not 1.

9 is the number of "Foundation", the precursor to 10, "Kingdom" or the
structured completion. I suggest that you investigate the three verses
of Exodus from which the 72-Fold Name is derived.

>> Further meditiation led to a breakthrough: 216 is 6 cubed, or, to put
it another way, 216 = 2 x 2 x 2 x 3 x 3 x 3. This was a remarkably
enlightening breakthrough as these numbers reflect the 6 days of
creation:
- on the first day G-d created light and darkness (2)
- on day two, the heavens and the earth (2)
- on day three, the waters and the land (2)
- on day four, the sun, moon and stars (3)
- on day five, the things that fly, swim and creep (3)
- on day six, G-d created man...
It took me a while to work out how man is represented in a triplet. I
should have looked at IIH straight away - Man is the embodiment of
the mental, astral and physical!! <<

It is very, very, very important when pursuing this sort philosophical
mathematics, to be absolutely certain of your facts before running with
them. For example, there are countless errors in Crowley's "777", in
both Hebrew spelling and gematria, yet I have read very deeply and well
thought papers expostulating gematria that have based their insights
upon those errors. The thinking was very deep and so on, but their
conclusions were not valid, gematrically speaking.

I say this because, while your thinking is very good, your summation of
Genesis One is faulty. For example, during the fifth "day", Elohim
created all the creatures "wherewith the waters swarmed" and all the
"fowl that fly above the earth". During the sixth "day", Elohim created
the "beast of the earth, cattle and every thing that creepeth upon the
earth" and Elohim created "man", male and female.

If you carefully examine the creation story of Genesis One, you will
find a different set of numbers than you listed and upon which you've
based your conclusions.

>> What is surprising here (for me anyway) is that I have seen gematria
used on an additive basis (e.g. the 613 commandments in the Torah reduce
to 6+1+3=10!) but never on a multiplicative basis. This therefore (in a
long-winded fashion) leads me to ask the group whether anyone has come
across multiplicative gematria before? <<

Gematria can take the forms of addition, subtraction, multiplication and
division. In terms of its human use as a code, it can be as complex as
the human intellect is able to devise. Biblical gematria however is
primarily additive and multiplicative in nature.