Re: Re: Formal Evocation vs. Mental Wandering

Message 01242 of 3835

Dear Peter,

>> Okay, that makes some sense. However, if this is just a matter of
learning how to flex a certian set of specialized astral and mental
muscles that are not normally worked, then why bother with all of the
fancy ritual tools and regalia? Or to use the weightlifting analogy:
why bother buying a fancy new weight lifting machine when you've got
a nice set of old barbells that will do the job just as well?
Also, you've got to note that I'm coming at the work of evocation
from my work with kabbalah...about which Bardon does state that the
kabbalahist will be able to get perfectly in contact with the spirits
of all the different spheres via his knowledge of the workings of the
ability to utter kabbalahistically. <<

The ceremonial regalia is like training wheels on a bicycle. They serve
to support the magician's focus and their will as they learn the Art of
evocation. Eventually, they become unnecessary.

With Kabbala one can easily *get in contact*, but this is different than
evoking an entity.