First Post; suggestion

Message 01267 of 3835

Hello;

Since it was suggested that my example that I gave in my previous post
may be helpful, let me now elaborate.

You notice that you're thirsty.
Order a glass of water.
Get a glass of water.
Think about it all.

This is stated very simplistically, but there are layers of
realizations that can be found in this simple exercise.

1. Consider that you're thirsty.
You locate the desire for water, because of a need. Thirst.
This is a step that we all my make a part of our cognicent (thinking)
selves. We realize an aspect of something and then apply our will.

2. Order a glass of water.
In this step you place the order. You let your self know that your
will has been applied to the need.

This is a difficult step, believe it or not. To locate your will and
to apply it is not as easy as it seems. And that is why I'm suggesting
this deep yet simple exercise.

3. Get a glass of water.
Sounds simple, and you execute the steps to get the glass of water and
return to your seat at the computer and you drink.

4. Now you think about all of this.
This is the section where you get to actively train yourself. To train
your abilities and faculties of concentration applied to will and action.

Ok. Now the actual details of each step.

1. Realize your thirst. It is easy to realize this condition. But you
focus on the fact that you 'are' realizing this condition which will
back up your sense of 'recognition' of a fact. If you pat yourself on
the back sincerely and often enough on this exercise the ability to
'realize' a fact of existence will reestablish itself as viable and
true and trustworthy and it will begin growing in you.

This is in fact the entire reason behind all of the Bardon techniques
as presented. They all build from the first building block of the
foundation to the entire building, established on a firm foundation
that will not fall or fail.

The first thing you need to do is to believe in yourself. Believe in
your abilities to contact a simple thing like your will on a thing or
item or condition and you have begun the good work.

2. Next think about how you will get that glass of water. Really think
about it before hand.

You will stand up from your chair, go into the kitchen and grab the
glass, fill it with water and return and sit. Then you will drink it.

You may find yourself thinking this way at the beginning. But now, go
and do what you've just thought about. As you're doing it. Think. I am
getting up from the chair, I am walking into the kitchen. I am
grabbing the glass, I am turning on the faucet. I am filling the glass
with water. (The object of my need, desire, will and form to
accomplish my will). I am turning off the faucet. I am walking,
returning to the chair, sitting and placing the glass to my lips and
drinking. My will has been accomplished. I am no longer thirsty.

Now think about it all again. Consider the steps again that you took
to fulfill your will. Did you prethink about standing up and placing
your hand on the back of the chair to steady yourself as you stood?
Did you think about how your self was "feeling" at you moving walking
towards the kitchen to fulfill your will being accomplished? Did you
listen to your body being energized and happy in the thought that it's
thirst/need was about to be met? Did you think about how establishing
this all is and empowering to your sense of "will" and that it was
being done? Did you think beforehand about how the fingers and thumb
touched the faucet handle and how much pressure actually had to be
used, transmitted in turning on the faucet? Did you envision
beforehand how you got the glass? Did you have to open a cupboard? Did
you just grab it sitting on the counter? In filling it did a stream of
water from the faucet splash across your finger which was holding the
glass? In returning to your chair holding the glass, did one drop drip
down the side of the glass and over the flesh of your finger? Did one
drop of water deop onto your shirt and you feel the tiny wet spot
there now? In drinking the water did you realize that you're
satisfying a need of your body and that your body is satisfied with
the faculty in you that expressed its will to accomplish this for your
body?

Do it all again.

What is happening is that you are training yourself through this
simple, yet complex exercise riddled with infinite details, how to
locate your will, express it, and feel the joy in satisfying a need
with your will applied. Also you are catching glimpses of
visualization moments in pretinking and going over the exercise before
and after you've completed it. Also you are setting the visualization
details as you accomplish the task.

It should prove to be an exercise that is empowering to your sense of
accomplishment. And at our beginnings many of us just need moments of
patting ourselves on the back for the small, tiny accomplishments.
These small bricks of accomplishment are the building blocks of the
foundation and structure of our path and journey.

Now, grins... if for instance, after you've expressed your will, a
friend knocks on the door, and in entering they say they're thirsty
and can they get a glass of water, and ask if they can get you one
too. Then say "Yes, by all means." And smile because this friend is
grateful for you having water and a glass for them to drink and are
glad to get you one too. Yes, they are fulfilling your expressed will
when you ordered the glass of water. Smile at this. For the universe
will often pull small tricks on you on your path. Grins. After your
friend has gone, get yourself a glass of water per the exercise you
had intended to perform. But be glad in either case that your will is
being located, expressed and carried out. This is a key. This you
should feel good about.

I Wish You Well,
Chuck

Main Index | Thread Index