Re: Re: Fasting

Message 01343 of 3835

Hi

>I understand that Hare Krishnas avoid meat for this very
>reason: to avoid the Karma & (final) emotional state of the
>deceased animal.

This is the reason to some Buddists avoid meat too.

Every time you kill or contribute for ending a live of a being you generate
bad (death) karma, there are some practices of long life when you are
suposed to buy an animal that are going to be slaughtered and accept it as a
pet, or release it.

One day I was talking to a Lama about eating meat, and he told me that I
shoul always think about the animal being eaten and all the persons involved
in the process of killing, processing and selling the meat, and all the
karma and the suffering involved. But remember to that in the seeding,
treatening and harvest of wheat for example many living beings are killed
to, and in the life of a single cow, for example, many living beings are
benefited.
All the choices above generate bad karma, but we shall deal with it every
day. Thinking about the suffering involved to the world to bring me a meal
(any meal) is helpfull to remind me not to waste this karma generated.

"Why do we care so much about something that will remais with us for a time
so short, and dont care about bad thoughts, and bad habbits, that remains
with us for a very long time"
(I´m not sure, but I think that its from Thich Nhah Hanh)

Now I´m going to make my dinner
someone want some rice and pork ribs?

see you
Eduardo