RE: Re: Fasting

Message 01354 of 3835

>From my understanding, fasting was (and is) used to purify the body thus
enabling the elements to be more readily 'accumulated'. It was also used to
purify the body a final time before undertaking any work that required
intense focus and clarity of thought. Bardon states:

"...A sound mind in a sound body. The genuine truth of this aphorism
represents itself immediately to everybody dealing with the problem of man.
There surely will arise the question, what health is from the hermetic point
of view. Not every one is capable to answer this question at the first
instant. Seen from the hermetic angle, health is the perfect harmony of all
the forces operating inside the body with respect to the basic qualities of
the elements."

I infer from this that the more healthy or 'purer' a body is (i.e. free from
toxins) the 'easier' the work would be to accumulate the elements. Bardon
may well have lived an unhealthy lifestyle from one perspective but he was
starting his 'journey' much further up the path and therefore may have been
able to 'overcome' by force of will, disharmonies in his physical body.

German professor Arnold Ehret termed fasting as the "master key" to mental
and spiritual enfoldment and evolution. It cannot be a coincidence that the
individuals that most people would consider as enlightened - Jesus, Buddha,
Mohammed and the Hindu seers, practiced and preached fasting as a route to
enlightenment. It could be argued that the path of the Hermeticist is very
different to that of these 'religious' teachers but are we not all working
towards one 'Truth'? Is not purification of the body (and thus the spirit) a
'tool' on this path?

Again I infer that the Earth element relates to the physical body and is
thus the embodiment of the tetrapolar magnet. In order to work with the
other three elements, would it not be considered desirable to have the
'foundation' as pure as possible? From this, I would suggest that not only
is fasting a useful step to take when starting out on this journey but that
the fuel we take along the path should be as 'pure' as possible not only
from a Karmic viewpoint but also from a chemical one. If our bodies are not
battling the alien substances we ingest and have to spend energy purifying
this will free up substantial energy to move more purposefully along our
path.

CAJ